iCare is an Accidental Damage and Theft Service Contract offering an equipment repair and replacement service.
For further details, please read the information below.
Any iPad purchased from new, comes with Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty – if the device degrades or fails without any accidents or external damage, Apple will replace it. This does not cover things such screen breakages. For full details on what is and isn’t covered, the official Apple document can be found here.
Accidental Damage and Repairs
Any iPad purchased through Tomlinscote, either Bought Outright or Leased, comes with iCare Cover – which covers Accidental Damage and Theft. This is an equipment repair and replacement service, provided to Tomlinscote by Albion, our iPad supplier.
This will cover the iPad for the duration of the relevant scheme; either 2 or 3 years. Tomlinscote also provide our own extended warranty, to cover the iPad after Apple’s one year warranty, until the end of the relevant scheme.
When leasing an iPad, the case, charging cable, and charging plug are all part of that lease. At the end of the scheme, if the iPad is returned and not bought, the case, charging cable, and charging plug, must also be returned – and so should be in usable condition. Any of these items that are not in suitable condition, must be replaced prior to returning to the lease company – all are available for purchase on ParentPay.
There are certain stipulations and requirements that parents and students should be aware of:
• The iPad must remain in the supplied case at all times; this is a requirement of the iCare policy. If the case itself becomes damaged, it must be replaced – as this will void the accidental damage policy if it is no longer suitable. Replacement cases are available for purchase on ParentPay.
• Claims must be submitted within 2 weeks of the damage occurring; should an accident occur, students must inform IT Support as soon as possible, and they will then advise and guide the students through the claims process.
• Claims need to have as much detail as possible; including date and time of the incident, location, cause of damage. Claim forms can be collected from IT Support, downloaded from the school website here, or from the link at the bottom of this page.
• Cover does not cover vandalism or deliberate damage.
• The iPad will be factory reset when sent for repair – students should ensure they have backed up all school work.
• Students will be issued with a temporary loan iPad whilst theirs is away for repair; these must be treated with the same level of care and so by accepting the loan device, they become fully responsible and financially liable for any damages that occur.
Due to major changes by the insurance companies, and their premiums increasing drastically, there will now be excess charges for those who make multiple claims.
The following charges will apply, based on a one-year period:
• 1st insurance claim: No excess charge
• 2nd insurance claim: £50 excess charge
• 3rd insurance claim: £100 excess charge
For those students that exceed 3 claims within a one-year period, there will be no option but to charge the full cost of a replacement device. This is only regarding insurance claims; any warranty issues will not count towards this.
Cables and Charging Plugs
Every iPad purchased through Tomlinscote will come supplied with one cable and charging plug. These should remain at home; cables and charging plugs should not be brought into school. As explained in the handout, and as stated in the iPad Ground Rules students are expected to arrive at school with their iPad fully charged, ready for the day ahead.
The cable and charging plug are covered under Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty, but are not covered by the iCare policy. If either of these become damaged, or develop faults not covered by the warranty, then replacements are available for purchase on ParentPay.
Tomlinscote iPad Claim Form
Please download, print and complete this form before handing in to IT Support.
Albion iCare Policy – Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions include a section for “Extended Warranty”, however this is not included in the iCare option that Tomlinscote uses.